.:: Bots United ::.

.:: Bots United ::. (http://forums.bots-united.com/index.php)
-   E[POD]bot (http://forums.bots-united.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   my cs 1.6 wont run with any bots just crash and leave me on my desktop (http://forums.bots-united.com/showthread.php?t=4214)

FlackTheSnack 14-07-2005 16:46

my cs 1.6 wont run with any bots just crash and leave me on my desktop

i needed bots for cs 1.6 so i heard of something called Akimbots that i tryet to install but it messed up with my cs so every time i try to create a server it crash and im left on my desktop. So i decided to try E[POD]BOT i used the installer and istalled it to valve/steam/steamapps/my@email/halflife but when i try to run the game it still crash.:-/

i get no error im just left on my destop is this a know bug?:-/
or dint i install it right?:-/

hope i get an answer and thx in advance:|

The Storm 15-07-2005 00:44

Re: my cs 1.6 wont run with any bots just crash and leave me on my desktop

Maybe you are not installed them correctly. If still crash delete your liblist.gam file located in to the cstrike\ folder.

MarD 16-07-2005 04:14

Heyyo,

now, you installed it into the wrong folder man, it hsould be:

valve/steam/steamapps/my@email/counter-strike

if your comp was crashing.. did you try without bots? if so, then your install of cs might be corrupted to begin with man.

[EDIT]
Make sure you fully uninstall akimbot before attempting to install epodbot man. safer that way.

inff 03-08-2005 12:08

how to instal cs1.6 Zbot ? plz help :)

The Storm 03-08-2005 13:41

1. Zbot is illegal version of CSbot (illegal stuff is forbiten here).
2. This is the E[POD]bot forum.
3. You can try E[POD]bot. :P

tacticalfrostbite 09-08-2005 02:15

my steam cs 1.6 won't let me create a new server so i can play with bots.

maybe someone already answered this but do you have any help for me?

p.s. i use ivpbot. i guess the newest version...i dunno.

p.p.s. i'm kind of a bot noob...i've played cs for a while but just recently got bots.

thanks in advance guys.

MarD 09-08-2005 03:53

Heyyo,

Hmm, letme check... ah yes, right here in the IvpBot forum. ;)

http://forums.bots-united.com/showthread.php?t=4305

Hmm, whoa, weird.. IvpBot won't work eh.. what a horrible fix. Looks like we might need to wait for bots to work with CS1.6 until this is fixed.. hopefully not all bots suffer, letme try now with E[POD]bot.

@#^$#^#^#@@&&(*^&!!!

What is wrong with valve?? geez! they give poor bot support for Source Engine, now they mess up bots on HL1? Hopefully there's somekindof work around for this problem valve created.. if not? oh boy.. wonder if CSbot for CZ still works after this update even.. lol.

The Storm 09-08-2005 16:23

Damn update. >:(

MarD 09-08-2005 17:15

Heyyo,

I know! I'm raging myself man... Thank god it's only for CS1.6, if they broke bot support on the HL1 engine, there would be a mutiny against Valve.. that is, if this horrible CS1.6 update doesn't already.

HeLtEr 09-08-2005 18:05

So...I'm trying to set up a dedicated server for CS:Source. Then I find that I cant add any bots, bummer since there's usually only 3-5 players in my crowd. So I hear about these bot addons and check em out. Apart from totally blowing my mind and leaving us non-coders and non-modders scratching our heads and re-considering going back to UT and QA rather than try to actually install one it also seems, from the previous posts in this thread, that the wouldn't worke on my ded source server anyway. Is that so?
Could someone point this idiot to a plug-and-play idiots guide for running bots on a CSS ded server please.
Cheers