.:: Bots United ::.

.:: Bots United ::. (http://forums.bots-united.com/index.php)
-   The RealBot 'Source' (http://forums.bots-united.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   Unofficial RealBot WIP #10 at the filebase, grab it, and lets collect bugs/things.... (http://forums.bots-united.com/showthread.php?t=1807)

[BBB]sluggo 24-06-2004 15:49

Re: Unofficial RealBot WIP #10 at the filebase, grab it, and lets collect bugs/things....

1 Attachment(s)
I tried (dstrukt2k compilation) build 3049. I beleve it is from the latest source.
Please move this msg if there is a better place to put it.

There is something wrong! I get this message after about 2 rounds (attached file)
I'm running a listen server, on winxp P4 1800. No other plugins than realbot.

I know it isn't much to work with, and its in Swedish aswell :D (I think you can understand that the game crashes, and there is some memory that couln't be read.)
And yes I know it's a WIP and it's bound to be some 'errors' in the code and debug msg's. (lots of "func_breakable")
Just thought i should mension it.

dstruct2k 24-06-2004 19:07

Re: Unofficial RealBot WIP #10 at the filebase, grab it, and lets collect bugs/things....

That bug happens with MetaMod on listenservers randomly, I've gotten it a lot too without RB installed.

[BBB]sluggo 24-06-2004 20:34

Hmm, ok.
But I have not had the problem before, and I went back to the latest 'filebase' release and the problem went away.

dstruct2k 24-06-2004 23:03

I'm betting that it's a problem within Meta that RB just triggers really easily. AMX triggers it too, but only rarely.

stefanhendriks 25-06-2004 09:12

yes, i noticed it yesterday. I will investigate , and hunt this bug down asap.

stefanhendriks 25-06-2004 16:14

there is a new file at the filebase, i wonder if this still has the error.

Evy already pointed out some minor bug/mistake i made. It *could* be the problem, however, i haven't had experienced any problems for a while on MY computer. Though at a friend it crashed. Unluckily i could not figure out why , he clicked OK on the error message and i could not reproduce the bug (we stopped playing).

stefanhendriks 02-07-2004 18:52

another bug is fixed, crashed on devision by 0... anyone experienced a crash bug already?

Josh_Borke 03-07-2004 07:18

just curious if there are any bugs that are still wild?
if so, can you post as much info as you know about them? TIA

Naric 11-07-2004 07:39

In some maps (cs_1337_assault) I have noticed that the WIP bots like standing around and shooting at certain areas (t's stand and shoot at the big computer lookin things, while all of the ct's [and t's if they get there] will always hang around in the hostage rescue zone, no matter how well I've walked the map). I dunno if there is an ez fix to this, but just a little heads up.

I wan lookin around the forums and noticed that podbot had some of the same problems. Heres the thread
http://forums.bots-united.com/showthread.php?t=2257

crazywelder1 11-07-2004 19:00

2 Suggestions:

1. Maybe u could add to the source or code a height check for jumpin because i have waypointed cs_assault and when u fall off they try to go up from the the bottom mainly by the entrance (with gate).

2. Also the second thing is could u add to the personallty and source a percentage of them goin different routes like 50% of the time they will change there way of goin or 100% they will always go diffrent ways.

I am not a programmer so i dont know if u can and its just a suggestion.

PS. Can tell wat u think ty guys for time.