.:: Bots United ::.

.:: Bots United ::. (http://forums.bots-united.com/index.php)
-   Releases, Installers, Docs & Coding (http://forums.bots-united.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Podbot Beta 3.0 Updates? ^^ (http://forums.bots-united.com/showthread.php?t=5226)

woot woot 03-05-2006 00:29

Podbot Beta 3.0 Updates Thread? ^^

KWo, can I personally ask that you make a thread regarding the updates/features of the beta? On another thread you said that you are updating the beta almost everyday, sometimes more than once a day, please make a thread so I know when to download the newest version again. :)

I actually don't even know what is the difference between the beta other than better weapon restrictions and bots seems more humanlike I think. ^^

KWo 03-05-2006 02:15

Re: Podbot Beta 3.0 Updates Thread? ^^

Quote:

Originally Posted by woot woot
KWo, can I personally ask that you make a thread regarding the updates/features of the beta? On another thread you said that you are updating the beta almost everyday, sometimes more than once a day, please make a thread so I know when to download the newest version again. :)

Personally I prefer to focus on coding then updating all the time some topic with changes I'm doing (sometimes it's only few lines changed which doesn't matter too much for game playing).
Just don't be lazy and look into filebase - everytime I'm updateing the new binaries, I'm updateing also the version number of the beta - so You can compare that number with this one You have and You know You can get the new update again or not.

Quote:

Originally Posted by woot woot
I actually don't even know what is the difference between the beta other than better weapon restrictions and bots seems more humanlike I think. ^^

Read this topic.
Since that time:
+Lift code rewritten - watch 2 new demos in filebase.
+Added autokill function You and some people asked me ((V3Beta9)
+Optimized code to have lower CPU usage (V3Beta10)

[EDIT]
Filebase updated - the version V3 beta 10 is available.
[/EDIT]

woot woot 04-05-2006 00:15

Re: Podbot Beta 3.0 Updates? ^^

0o0o Excellent... well I do look in the beta files in the filebase, all I see is the same description >.> The title only says 3.0 too.. so I ono. But, I see it has 3.0 Beta 10 now, I don't think I saw that before, or I'm just blind. :D

Thanks.

KWo 14-05-2006 09:44

If someone is using V3beta7c or higher (up to V3beta10a) - please update the binaries from filebase. There was a bug with throwing nades (the bots stopped throw them at all since the version V3 beta 7c). It's fixed in V3 beta 11.
Also the code has been optimized again (to have less CPU usage).

Ancient 14-05-2006 19:05

I like how you are updating all the time. Makes me feel more important. :)
If you want file hosting just ask me for some space or at www.cfehosting.net

woot woot 14-05-2006 19:14

Thanks KWo, this is amazing progress. ^^

KWo 14-05-2006 19:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ancient
If you want file hosting just ask me for some space or at www.cfehosting.net

Well - instead asking for hosting I rather would ask the people to more beta testing. I really need more people testing stuff. That bug with nades was there since V3 beta 7c and no one reported it except SimSaw after long time (few days ago)... :(
I really need the confirmation if the optimization I made really affect CPU usage on proffesional servers.

woot woot 14-05-2006 20:55

I recently posted a few bugs, but I don't think you took it in anyway. Other than that, I think there is a slight improvement on overall usage. I can't say it with great confidence that it's better than before because I have a lot of plugins, and happens to only be a dedicated server. But, I think there's less cpu usage than before.

Ancient 15-05-2006 01:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by KWo
I really need the confirmation if the optimization I made really affect CPU usage on proffesional servers.

Well I'm using a crap PC and running listen servers for quite long periods of time like days at a time. My crappy pc doesn't slow down any. Mainly the only memory that is being used is from Cstrike.exe and the cpu usage is at 70% most of the time. Still able to surf web etc... while running cstrike 1.6

woot woot 16-05-2006 03:48

Without FF running, my CPU is at 20pct with a dedicated server running and playing cs on the same computer lol. XD Multitask for teh winn. :) I also have MSN running, but cpu doesn' change, so ya it's good. ^^