.:: Bots United ::.

.:: Bots United ::. (http://forums.bots-united.com/index.php)
-   Half-Life 2, Source and Source Games (http://forums.bots-united.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Official CS:S bots monday (http://forums.bots-united.com/showthread.php?t=3411)

Iced_Eagle 14-01-2005 23:38

Official CS:S bots monday

The official CS:S bots are coming in an update this coming Monday along with a reworked de_tides map (it was from cs:cz I believe... I can't remember)

Here is the official email from Doug Lombardi

Quote:

The official Counter-Strike Bot will be released for Counter-Strike: Source on Monday (January 17th). The Bot features enhanced abilities and will be available for all owners of Counter-Strike: Source. Also included in Monday's release is an updated version de_tides, rebuilt by Turtlerock Studios. For more information or to purchase your copy of Counter-Strike: Source, please visit www.steampowered.com.

HangFire 15-01-2005 00:02

Re: Official CS:S bots monday

Awesome, hopefully they're better than the CZ bots.

Iced_Eagle 15-01-2005 00:29

They probably are just enhanced CS:CZ bots...

biohazerd87 15-01-2005 01:58

yeah i think it is just a a tweeked version of CZ bot but ask dead bwoy he would know

dead bwoy 15-01-2005 03:54

Unfortunately, I don't know, and I've just heard about this myself!
GREAT NEWS! Looks like I'll be busy this next week toying around with all the new nav editing features.
perfect timing as I've been needing some test players for a re-make im working on of de_train.
and here's the link:
http://www.steampowered.com/Steam/Ma...005/?l=english
The only thing Mike's really told us is that the ladder navigation has changed quite a bit, which was one of the biggest problems in the CS:CZ bot.
Be on the lookout for my updated tutorial on nav editing for CS:Bot for CS:S!!!

dead bwoy 15-01-2005 08:19

Mike's post in the TRS forums:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Booth
It's true - the CS:S Bot is on it's way next week.
We've listened to lots of feedback on the CZ bots which helped direct our development efforts for the CS:S bots.
Overall, I think you'll find the CS:S Bots to more challenging, as they "understand" a bit of more of the strategy of CS. A few of their improvements include:
- Their tactics have improved, particularly rushing and defending against an enemy rush
- Their "attention" system is more human-like: They can fail to notice enemies that are partially hidden, crouching motionless, etc.
- They are much better at throwing and responding to grenades
- They handle ladders better, especially in groups
- They react to enemy snipers more intelligently, and warn their friends
Also, the Navigation Mesh system has been greatly extended resulting in improved movement for the bots, and greater control for human nav mesh tuners. For example, you can directly edit ladder information now.
There are several other minor features and tweaks as well. We hope you enjoy the new CS:S Bots!
-Mike

OH BOY! I CAN'T WAIT!!!

biohazerd87 15-01-2005 11:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by dead bwoy
Mike's post in the TRS forums:

OH BOY! I CAN'T WAIT!!!

dude that sounds great... I can't wait... i wanna see how much the nav editing has improved(i was never good at it.. or at least never tried it more than a few times)

stefanhendriks 15-01-2005 17:39

great, on my birthday ;)

Pierre-Marie Baty 15-01-2005 17:44

looks like these bots ask me to give them a second try. Nice work from Mike, it seems :)

stefanhendriks 15-01-2005 17:48

Yes, i also would love to try them. But that still does not prevent us from creating our template. Perhaps the guys at Valve will analize what is needed for 'plugin bots' and create new interfaces... ;) That would be really cool. I'd love to see various bots playing together and such (Mike's bots and RB's , RACC's, JOE's, POD's, etc). :)