.:: Bots United ::.

.:: Bots United ::. (http://forums.bots-united.com/index.php)
-   JoeBot (http://forums.bots-united.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Bots won't join a team (http://forums.bots-united.com/showthread.php?t=4316)

rlewellen 10-08-2005 01:22

Bots won't join a team

Hello.
I am running a dedicated linux os server with the latest versions of Joebot, AMX MOD, Metamod, and Statsme.

Everything seems to be working just fine. I finally got the joebot commands to work in my console using rcon. When i add a bot it adds normally, but it doesn't go to a team. :(

I type:
rcon addbot 2 2 Botname

It joins to spectator mode but it won't join to a team.
My min_bot settings is 4 and max_bot settings is 8. I searched everywhere to try to find a solution before i posted but there was only 1 similar post and the guy never said how he resolved it. If anyone has any ideas I would be thankful to hear and try what you have in mind. Thanks!

-Rich

KWo 10-08-2005 12:03

Re: Bots won't join a team

@Aspirin - look at the topic here:
http://forums.bots-united.com/showthread.php?t=4306
Here is probably what JoeBot needs.

NeoMiC 10-08-2005 12:37

Hi,

Yeah i've got the same problems since yesterday. i think it's because the new update, today they even released a new update, for steam/cs/vac2. When i read in the mpcforum, they have written cs will shut down after startup with any basehooks/exploits (cheats) :D . But the update makes some more troubles and not to cheaters :| . i think most client/server plugins had to be updated, because vac blocks now lots of command which are used for these plugins.

sPlOrYgOn 10-08-2005 15:42

actually I believe none of that caused the problem with the bots. I think it was this:
Quote:

Counter-Strike

* Fixed menu exploit on join that spawned you into the server but moved you around as you were in spectator mode

locutus 14-08-2005 11:12

Hi
I Have Seem Problem Since Last Steam Update
How To Do For Fix This Bug?
Steam, Valve Are Idiot Programmer. Brrrrr

Thx For Your Reply Locutus

Locutus Of Borg Dedicated Server

@$3.1415rin 19-08-2005 08:15

code updated in the cvs

KWo 19-08-2005 14:51

Is this big problem to generate some binaries (*.dll *.so) and upload them to filebase as the new release? Can anyone do it? "Normal" bot users aren't coders so they aren't able to compile the sources...

B3n 22-08-2005 19:58

Can someone please compile it. :(

B3n 24-08-2005 20:56

Anyone? :'(

B3n 25-08-2005 23:28

Nevermind, the bots are working now.

Santa_Graus 26-08-2005 13:00

They work???

B3n 27-08-2005 17:54

They were. But now they stoped again. :S

B3n 29-08-2005 14:36

It can't be that hard for someone to compile it. :(

p0rtmanN 30-08-2005 15:22

Im having the same probelm..when will this be fixed??

B3n 31-08-2005 10:48

Dunno. :(

galloop 04-09-2005 22:14

I am running a server at: 205.218.67.54:27015. I am running [z]bot and run it like this...

liblist points to metamod
metamod points to joebot, amxmodx, and zbot.
zbot runs in the mp.dll, so it is automatically loaded.

My problem is I cannot get joebot to join unless a player joins and they join the wrong team. Here are my cfg files. I cannot find the problem.

bot.cfg:
language en
botskill_min 100
botskill_max 100
joinwhuman_max on
joinwhuman_res on
min_bots 5
max_bots 5
extjoe on
extskill off
botchat on
botichat all
leetposs 5
prefix -rip- <rip> [rk]
welcome off
lbp botbuyweapons.cfg
bot_spraying on
randomwpload
kickbots all
addbot 1
addbot 1
addbot 1
addbot 1
addbot 1

server.cfg:

sv_aim 0
pausable 0
hostname "-rk- CS 1.6 [z]Bot Server"
sv_maxspeed 320
mp_startmoney 16000
mp_timelimit 25
sv_cheats 0
mp_limitteams 0
mp_autokick 0
mp_freezetime 0
mp_friendlyfire 1
mp_autoteambalance 0
exec listip.cfg
exec banned.cfg
bot_join_after_player 0
bot_join_team t
bot_difficulty 2
bot_prefix "{rip}"
bot_allow_rogues 1
bot_allow_shield 0
mp_chattime 0
bot_chatter normal
amx_gore "abcde"
bot_quota 5
any help would be greatly appreciated. TYTY

galloop 05-09-2005 05:04

nm, I got it. so I now have what I want a 20 player server with 5 zbots and 5 joebots. I know I should say 5 joebot bots and so on, but whatever. This is a very interesting mix. needless to say they are alot more unpredictable since joebot has 3 different moods and zbot has an "allow_rogues" option witch allows the bots to run and gun randomly. If you are running a linux server and would like me to help you get these two bots going, just let me know. zibbley@yahoo.com 205.218.67.54:27015 www.ripklan.com

KWo 05-09-2005 08:54

ZBot is illegal bot for CS1.6 . It's cracked version of Valve's CSBot for CZERO. That's why it's not supported at this forum.

Whistler 05-09-2005 09:04

there is actually legal way to use CS bot in the original CS 1.6. try this:
http://forums.bots-united.com/attach...tachmentid=673

source code is included so you can verify if it's legal or not

galloop 05-09-2005 12:20

who cares what is legal or not

galloop 05-09-2005 12:21

like I said nm. This is a legal version though mr. uh...god?
mind your own if you do not have useful info to give.

sPlOrYgOn 05-09-2005 17:08

http://www.bots-united.com/member-rules.php
The forum's rules are very useful information that you should've already read.
Especially #9.

galloop 06-09-2005 02:21

you should read my last post. anyway i was aking for support for joebot nimrod
it was a simple mistake made by the person who wrote the bot.cfg for joebot. anyway thank you for your useless comments and have a nice day.

btw: to even out joebot and zbot, I must put joebot on its highest level and zbot on 2 of 4, 4 being highest. joebot is very cheap compared to zbot. You can download zbot at [link removed, reason below]. all support questions will be answered in the forums. zbot is available for windows and linux servers. source files are also available. this is the best bot for counter-strike and will always be.

Whistler 06-09-2005 08:41

Just a reminder: by giving links to unauthorized copies of proprietary software you have broken the forum rules, and you might be banned for this.

"source files are also available." - ROFL, I don't think you even know what "source files" mean.

Pierre-Marie Baty 07-09-2005 00:45

Galloop, you obviously have little clue of what you're talking about.

Let's not screw up this thread and these forums. They are dedicated to legal bots - 'who cares if they're legal or not?' - we do. If we didn't, these forums wouldn't exist -. If you have anything to say or to argue about, follow it up to my mailbox.

If you choose to continue it here, consider this as a quasi-formal warning for a 100% formal ban.

Pierre-Marie Baty,
Bot coder (& coder at all),
Bots-United President.

galloop 07-09-2005 01:28

if you don't know what source files are, check out hpb bot or bot10. I do not understand what you mean.

KWo 07-09-2005 08:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pierre-Marie Baty
Pierre-Marie Baty,
Bot coder (& coder at all),
Bots-United President.

My colleague forgot to add the most important thing - he is also one of founders and admins of this forum so he has really the power to say what is legall here (and You can post it) or what isn't(and You shouldn't post). If You need more explanation about ZBot (why we and Valve get is as "illegal") - just use private messages to speak with us (especially to Pierre and Whistler - they know all licenses and authors laws - so they can explain You better). Posting offtopic in some topic totally not related to the topic's thread isn't tolerated here, too. I mean continuing discussion about why ZBot is legal or not in the topic dedicated why joebots don't want to join a team is offtopic now.

roeltjow 07-09-2005 16:20

hi peepz i did everythin what u guys said but my bots still wont join a team :@

i dont get it this is realy frustratin

(btw is it possible too have metamod and JOEbot at the cs-lan version?

roeltjow 07-09-2005 21:50

does anybody read this forum ? o_O i just wanna know if its possible too have metamod and joebot @ the same time if u got counter strike thats not running true steam (its the lan version)

@$3.1415rin 07-09-2005 22:06

as far as I see it, you want support for software you havn't bought, but ripped off somewhere else. you won't find such support here.

Perendinater 08-09-2005 06:30

Would it be possible to move the discussion about what is and isn't legal to a new thread? I'd really like my Joebots to start joining teams again, which is the original topic of this thread.

I dont mean to be overly demanding... after all, you guys have provided these great bots for free. And I would fix them myself, but I don't know how. So I'm dependent on you guys.

Help!

Santa_Graus 08-09-2005 14:51

As far as I know, you need a C++ - Compiler and the HL SDK...

I could compile it but I don't know how to make a dll out of the files.
And the HL SDK is 75 MB big, which overtaxes my internet connection...

@$3.1415rin 08-09-2005 14:55

you dont need the hl sdk afaik

i could provide a linux .so, but unfortunately not more at the moment

roeltjow 08-09-2005 15:44

its not ripped off its a version specialy made too play in a lan game so u wont have too buy the game its called "counterstrike non steam" just type it in @ google and u will see it. its a fully legal game and not ripped off
here a link i found : [removed]

[afaik there is no non steam version of cs1.6]

so i wont have steam too add this line too properties(launch options) +localinfo mm_gamedll "joebot/joebot.dll" is tere any other way too have metamod + joebot without doing that @ propertys - launch options ?

Santa_Graus 08-09-2005 16:03

As long as Counterstrike is not Freeware, you will have to buy the game (Or another Steam-Game). Otherwise it's illegal.

@$3.1415rin 08-09-2005 19:07

ok

roeltjow

you just have been officially warned. stop talking about illegal software on this forums, or you'll be banned.

Perendinater 09-09-2005 17:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by @$3.1415rin
i could provide a linux .so, but unfortunately not more at the moment

Thanks for the prompt response.

Unfortunately, I have a Windows based server. Am I going to have to abandon Joebot? ???:(

I really would like to keep using it. I and the regulars on my server have enjoyed Joebot for quite a long time now, and I have done a whole lot of programming to make a very full-featured Adminmod plugin for it. I'd hate to switch to a new bot mod, but if no fix is coming, then I'm not sure I have a choice. :(

Is there hope, or do I need to start looking at other bots?

- John C.

@$3.1415rin 09-09-2005 17:45

dunno if there is anybody with a windows compiler installed out there who could do it. cross compiling with gcc would be another option, but dunno if that works at all, I doubt it.

the sources are online in the sourceforge cvs, or I could send the sources via email

KWo 09-09-2005 21:28

OK. splorygon told me if he find time he will compile a dll for You tomorrow or maybe few days later (he just needs a time). I showed him the place on SF to Your sources, so he knows where they are.

Whistler 10-09-2005 06:20

and if you want to try cross compiling - you can find a version of gcc at the filebase (in Other Stuff section). You can use dos2unix utility to convert all files and run make.