.:: Bots United ::.

.:: Bots United ::. (http://forums.bots-united.com/index.php)
-   FritzBot (http://forums.bots-united.com/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   Has anyone else seen these errors? (http://forums.bots-united.com/showthread.php?t=5770)

the bindlestiff 09-10-2006 22:19

Has anyone else seen these errors?

During the past several sessions of playing on thekillbox server, we've seen several instances of large numbers of bots complaining about "having no goals," the result being that they just stand around until they're killed. Usually this is due to waypointing errors, but this happens on older, well-tested maps that we've extensively played before. Saw it last night on Nachteinbruch, Fueldump, and Reactor and a couple of others that I can't remember ATM.

Has anyone else noticed this happening? I wonder if something in the new patch is responsible? :confused:

Maleficus 10-10-2006 01:07

Re: Has anyone else seen these errors?

It would have to be the map nav files - no map code was changed. :-/

renartthefox 10-10-2006 01:21

There hasnt (as far as we know) been any changes to the nav files on the server. We'll have to have a chat with Vvlttch and see if thats possible, but it really seems a strange event. Hopefully we will be able to locate and eradicate the problem. :nuke:

the bindlestiff 10-10-2006 01:21

The map nav files are the same as what we were using before the patch. Why would this behavior show up after so long? Most of these maps have been in use for a number of months. Any suggestions about what to look for in the navs?

TomTom 10-10-2006 01:59

Alright a few shots in the dark...
Are you playing with a greatly increased number of bots (especially engineers)? My impression from dm_hillb2 testing is that sometimes when there is only one good objective and more than 2 engineers one of them gets bored (zombie).
Are any bots spectating? (did you add more bots than max_players?) in reactor_final I found making a bot spectate resulted in false statements during warmup about having no goals, followed by falsely attributed "kill himself messages" during game play.

Beyond that I am duplicating this from my other post...

LOGS:
Check to see if the files Fritzbot\etserver.log Fritzbot\etconsole.log exist. If so rename or copy them so they won't be erased when you restart ET. There is a small chance these files may help.
This web page show how to start logging the server and console. Be warned the console gets verbose if you do this,.

the bindlestiff 10-10-2006 02:40

We were playing with the usual bot list on the killbox server: eight bots on a side plus two or three humans. The same setup as we've been using for several months. No bots spectating, nowhere near the max number of bots allowed. Two engineers on each team. Sometime the errors occured in the middle of the game and sometimes near the beginning; all classes were included as far as I can remember. Sometimes it was just one bot, sometimes many. No problems during warmup. It seemed to me that it was always Allied bots, but the f0x may remember his team better than I since he usually plays Axis.

Same maps, same navs, same aiscripts, as before and we didn't see these errors earlier. It'd be something that a waypointer might see while working on a map and who would fix it then and there. There's no apparent reason for it to take so long to show up. ?????

nedd3h 10-10-2006 09:05

I saw this while playing Reactor on Allied. Two allied soldiers.
g_minbots 8

vlvttch 10-10-2006 20:46

I've noticed this since the update. Bots without goals all of a sudden. It appears to be fairly random from map to map.

TomTom 12-10-2006 06:05

Saw in a /condump for the tail end of sw_el_kef 5+ cycles of 2 axis field ops and 3 axis medics with no goals. Campaign was fritzA, 10-9bots+1human. Might have been when i was running with the transmitter or shortly thereafter. The dump shows it corrected itself and the game continued to completion. If I can get this to repeat I will post the details in a bug report form.
Beyond that just the dreaded campaign window substituting default campaigns for campaigns that are perfectly good (I normally use the console or command line).
But I can't say whether this is related to the update.

Maleficus 12-10-2006 07:50

It looks like a bug somewhere in the patch. Try rolling back to the original final release, and see if you notice the bugs.

If its the patch, I'll pull it.