.:: Bots United ::.

.:: Bots United ::. (http://forums.bots-united.com/index.php)
-   Half-Life and HL1 Mods (http://forums.bots-united.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Half-Life Single Player (http://forums.bots-united.com/showthread.php?t=3460)

Ancient 22-01-2005 04:11

Half-Life Single Player

How can I activate Single Player and Hazard Course? I've started playing Single player along time ago. And I do have the *(Real Version)*

Anyone got any suggestions? Don't I have to go through the Counter-Strike Training First?

Do you guys have any Counter-Strike maps? It says play new game and . . . Can't find maps, I see the map names and they kind of look like what MarD told me to download HL1SP Map Pack. I've downloaded that... Counter-Strike maps? Half-Life too? Help please? How do I activate A new Game to play single player?

HangFire 22-01-2005 05:25

Re: Half-Life Single Player

In the Steam "play games" menu, start up Half-Life, not CS:Source.

Whistler 22-01-2005 10:01

click "custom game", then click "deactivate".

MarD 10-02-2005 21:10

Heyyo,

If ya wanna do just the hazard course or the original singleplayer campaign, do as Hangfire said: open up steam, under games select half life.

If you're try by pre-steam versions? go into your half life folder, and exectue hl.exe

Ancient 11-02-2005 01:21

Steam doesn't work for me. I used my CD Key for a different Username and I lost the username. So ... Can't use steam :'(

HangFire 11-02-2005 02:10

Yup, another reason why Steam sucks.

Ancient 11-02-2005 03:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by HangFire
Yup, another reason why Steam sucks.

Couldn't agree more man. Steam sucks alot. I think valve should have just made some patches instead of making Steam and shit.... :RTFM:

MarD 11-02-2005 04:02

Heyyo,

Well, you can still play half life without steam, just install it from the cd. ;)

Whistler 11-02-2005 09:43

but you can't play non-steam HL or CS 1.5 online LEGALLY. Cracking software is illegal, there is a DMCA in the US which made it illegal in spite of you modified the software or not. (Note: it's just "illegal", I didn't say it's immoral or not:))

...and that's exactly what digital restrictions (or "rights" as they like to say, but the first one is more accurate) are for.

stefanhendriks 11-02-2005 15:43

lol steam sucks because you cant play HL1 online because you lost ur username? Rofl, isnt that very 'the other way around'. Ie, its the same as buying a house and then lose all keys.

Btw, HL1 can be still played non-steamed

EDIT:
It can be played legally, as you bought the game in that current form. THere is no way to say you are illegally playing HL1 which you bought and then installed and then can play. THat would mean, every HL1 copy a user owns would be considered illegal suddendly if they would not use STEAM. Thats ridicilous.