.:: Bots United ::.

.:: Bots United ::. (http://forums.bots-united.com/index.php)
-   Sandbot (http://forums.bots-united.com/forumdisplay.php?f=85)
-   -   progress (http://forums.bots-united.com/showthread.php?t=10041)

Persephone 29-07-2017 19:02

Re: progress

Sorry for late reply

For icy or slippy problem, though need to be fixed, at least I can play with your BOT on map with normal terrain.

For example, non official maps such as op4_ctf omen, it's pretty simple map, and the BOT wouldn't get any problems there.

As for carrying an enemy's flag to their base, though they don't consider no longer have a flag, I think it's not a big problem. As long there is a correct waypoint from one flag to the another one, they will following their path without trouble :)

tschumann 30-07-2017 13:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Persephone (Post 66828)
Sorry for late reply

For icy or slippy problem, though need to be fixed, at least I can play with your BOT on map with normal terrain.

For example, non official maps such as op4_ctf omen, it's pretty simple map, and the BOT wouldn't get any problems there.

Agreed - I'll look at trying to just lower the slipperiness instead of getting rid of it all together though so that the original effect is left somewhat intact.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Persephone (Post 66828)
As for carrying an enemy's flag to their base, though they don't consider no longer have a flag, I think it's not a big problem. As long there is a correct waypoint from one flag to the another one, they will following their path without trouble :)

I agree it's not a huge deal in the scheme of things but I'll get it sorted.

Persephone 02-08-2017 10:42

Well, good luck then. Then I hope you can make sandbot support for metamod :D

The Storm 02-08-2017 22:38

Sandbot do have support for Metamod for some time now...

tschumann 05-08-2017 00:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Persephone (Post 66830)
Well, good luck then. Then I hope you can make sandbot support for metamod :D

What The Storm said - he added MetaMod support for v0.4 which was released in March.

Persephone 05-08-2017 22:11

Oh, I forgot about that :D

But I still can't change bot_count, because 11 BOTS is too many for me :(

Also I hope someday we can change BOT names :)

tschumann 06-08-2017 08:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Persephone (Post 66835)
Oh, I forgot about that :D

But I still can't change bot_count, because 11 BOTS is too many for me :(

Also I hope someday we can change BOT names :)

I'll look at changing bot_count thing.
Changing names will come eventually - at the moment the bot creation code is a bit complicated and I want to simplify it before I do that.

ogn.djc 12-08-2017 15:34

I could be wrong, but bot_skill does not seem to work either when loading Sandbot through Metamod.
Although singleplayer does work in the newest version of Sandbot, there are still some problems (regardless of whether Metamod is used or not):
- many scripted sequences are broken, preventing progression (for example, the Barney at the end of the tram ride in Half-Life will not move to open the door);
- saved games are corrupted (if you try to load any saves made while Sandbot was installed they will crash the game, or if they do load the scripted events will not work).
HPB bot had these singleplayer issues as well, and they were fixable by using a Metamod plugin called SingleP. There is a link to it on the HPB bot website.

tschumann 13-08-2017 05:19

bot_skill shouldn't have any problems - note that if you change it then it won't change the skill of existing bots, only bots that you add after the change (I think I will change this behaviour). Does that correspond with what you see?

Thanks for pointing out SingleP - I suspected that might have been the issue (all the other things seemed okay, though possibly the save-restore wasn't). I'll take a look though it appears to be Windows only from the quick look I had but single player is now available on Linux (and Mac) too.

tschumann 20-08-2017 06:45

Alright I got Opposing Force CTF working by the looks of it. I'll probably tidy things up and release it in the next few weeks.
I'll take a proper look at single player support probably as part of the next release.