.:: Bots United ::.

.:: Bots United ::. (http://forums.bots-united.com/index.php)
-   FritzBot (http://forums.bots-united.com/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   Two problem of a WolfMP map's :) (http://forums.bots-united.com/showthread.php?t=7308)

MetallicaF 22-09-2009 20:17

Two problem of a WolfMP map's :)

Hello!*** I like play with fritzbot! It is Best bots for Wolf&ET! Thanks to Maleficus and other developers, waypointers:winkiss:

I have two problem:
1. Why i can't load such maps as "et_assault_beta4.pk3" or "bulge_beta1"? The maploading is failed and i see the message like "Hunk_Alloc failed on 656064..."! If i do something wrong? I have a 2.60b version of Enemy Territory...

2. I love four WolfMP's maps:
assault
bramburg dam
rocket
beach
...And I would like play on this map in ET. But i can't find a navigation file for map et_dam! Why? It is so hardly for Fritzbot? I don't think so.

I will be a happy man if you help me, friends!

***Sorry for my bad English, I'm from Russia...

TomTom 23-09-2009 07:08

Re: Two problem of a WolfMP map's :)

Welcome MetallicaF
ET can have problems with some larger maps resulting in "Hunk_Alloc failed on 656064...".

Check your /com_hunkmegs in the console ~. If it is 56 set it to 96

/com_hunkmegs 96

then reload the map
(myself I have seta com_hunkmegs "128" in my profile\TomTom\etconfig.cfg so it always gives me enough memory).

As to et_dam I have only found et_dam_b1.zip which is an unauthorized conversion of the RTCW map. I'll download it to see what it is like. However I don't have the time to do more waypoints(navigation files) for many weeks or more. I am also reluctant to do unauthorized conversions. (unless very popular or some original work was included). So no promises.

MetallicaF 23-09-2009 13:03

Thanks you! Thanks a lot!:) It's runung now!

About et_dam.
I already have this map and I played on it with Omni-bot! But they are... hhh...
I want play with Fritz! May it be possible take original navigation from WolfMP and adapte it for ET? It is realy good map. I don't understant why noone have not done this nav.:(

***Sorry for my bad English, I'm from Russia...

TomTom 23-09-2009 16:51

You are welcome.

Taking the .nav from FritzBot for RTCW I experimented with once. There are a lot of edits needed, and if the map conversion is not exactly in the same place (same origin etc), then the number of edits becomes too many to do manually. You also need a hex editor to bash a couple of bytes in the .nav file. Anyway, Since I have already placed all the navigation nodes (while walking through et_dam_b1, reviewing it), I would not save any time really using a converted waypoint file.

(But I may still do a file-conversion just for reference to find if Denny's action nodes are where I would place them.)

Most of the delay in getting out waypoints is the testing, testing, and more testing.
- A map like this takes me about 2-3 evenings for a playable work in progress (WIP).
- Then a week or so to tweak it and add more route nodes.
- Then 2 more weeks of balance testing before I might think it comes close to beta quality.

But I have another waypoint request that is pending already.

Next month Geocities closes so my personal page to leave WIP quality waypoints for people to try will be gone. And Filefront has deleted my stuff already. So any work I do in future will need to be completed to beta quality. I don't want to use bots-united for anything less that beta quality in attachments (the number of attachments they will let me store here must be limited I think). And the filebase should be reserved for waypoint packs of release quality.
User Ancient has a site but again I don't want to use it for anything less than beta or release quality.

So I should find some time to finish what I started on et_dam_b1 only after I get the third Waypoint Pak out (almost there, 32+ maps, half unrelated to previous packs), and finish a private request waypoint to WIP. Hope you don't mind the wait.:santa:

MetallicaF 26-09-2009 19:26

Hi, I have new question! It is about ET map FuelDamp.
When I armed the dynamite around FuelBarrels the Axis Ingineers ignored this action and don't want to disarm the dynamite! Why?

***Sorry for my bad English...

TomTom 26-09-2009 20:58

Did you get the corrected version I just posted or are you using the fueldump waypoints in fritz1_1.00.pk3? Somehow the entity numbers were changed by mistake in the fritz1_1.00.pk3 version of fueldump and so Axis won't know to defuse offhand. I don't know why nobody reported this before, but my 1.50.2 version should fix it. (Link expires Oct 26th)

MetallicaF 30-09-2009 14:15

Thanx! It's work now! Realy good! ThanksThanks YouYou, TomTom! :)
Another request. Do you have UpDated nav for GoldRush? Because the original nav make this map very hardly for allies :(...

eh... Now about et_dam!
There is nav for et_dam_b1 map from my friend Synth (you can find he in 'Developers Forum').
It's realy not bad nav! But it's need professinal correcting. Try it -> http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=d...4e75f6e8ebb871

[By the way, why I cannot Upload files from my computer? I used FileAttachmentManager but.....]

***Sorry for my badman English...:batman:

TomTom 30-09-2009 19:07

You are welcome.
There are new waypoints for goldrush_eu which do make a few changes so Allies have a better chance to get past the 2nd barrier. goldrush_eu is just a texture changed version of goldrush, so it you like the new waypoints you can rename the files inside the waypoint pk3 file to work with goldrush. I have not copied the changes to goldrush because I do not feel they fully deal with team balance issues. You could also give the Allies an extra bot to make it easier ( say an extra medic /addbot hotdoc )

MetallicaF 02-10-2009 15:11

eh... TomTom, don't scold me, but I can't run GoldRush with GoldRush_eu nav. I renamed all fies that have been included in your pk3 (goldrush_eu to goldrush) but it doesn't work. Game just kick out me on the desktop before map have been loaded :no: ....

MetallicaF 02-10-2009 15:12

Re: Two problems of a WolfMP map's :)

ATTENSION! ATTENSION!!!
The FINAL version of et_dam_b1 navigation by Synth!!!

Links:

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=d...4e75f6e8ebb871

http://www.zomdie.narod.ru/et_dam_b1.pk3