.:: Bots United ::.

.:: Bots United ::. (http://forums.bots-united.com/index.php)
-   Common Questions (http://forums.bots-united.com/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   PodBot Problems with Chat (http://forums.bots-united.com/showthread.php?t=9129)

Santo 28-01-2013 07:51

PodBot Problems with Chat

My bots do not use the [REPLIES] what can I do ?!#

Start of the "dynamic" replies from here
# After each @KEY Tag you need to specify the
# keywords in quotation marks and uppercase. You can
# have several keywords (aliases) each separated by a comma.
# After the keywords line, the answers or messages to this
# special keyword need to be given. In theory there can be an unlimited
# number of answers of course you should care about the used memory ;)
[REPLIES]
@KEY "admin"
Example.

KWo 28-01-2013 11:08

Re: PodBot Problems with Chat

Are they chating whole? Can You see them trying to say something if they are dead? If not - check Your podbot.cfg settings - the item pb_chat. It should be set to 1 to let them talking.

Santo 28-01-2013 23:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by KWo (Post 64839)
Are they chating whole? Can You see them trying to say something if they are dead? If not - check Your podbot.cfg settings - the item pb_chat. It should be set to 1 to let them talking.

Yes bro It's ok all works but I can't make them react to @keys.

Santo 31-01-2013 01:54

How can I solve this issue ?

KWo 31-01-2013 07:08

Is Your botchat.txt file original one (from the fullpack of podbot mm) or You have edited it? If You did edit it, copy and paste here the whole text of it. Thus I can test on my PC what You can see on Your server.

Santo 31-01-2013 19:48

Botchat.txt

KWo 31-01-2013 21:08

If other replies are working, but only "admin" key is not working - did You try to change:
@KEY "admin"
to
@KEY "ADMIN"
?

Santo 31-01-2013 23:17

None working bro.

Santo 02-02-2013 07:40

What can I do ?

KWo 02-02-2013 10:08

Let me think and give me time to let me make more tests (I'm busy right now so don't expect the instant answer).

Santo 02-02-2013 10:21

Ok. Thanks.

Santo 08-02-2013 10:04

hmmm did you find something about ?

KWo 08-02-2013 13:00

I didn't find the time to focus on it. And I don't have time at least for next 3 weeks. Sorry.

Santo 08-02-2013 15:14

And It's only you on the whole Forum ?! :(

KWo 08-02-2013 20:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Santo (Post 64856)
And It's only you on the whole Forum ?! :(

If You are right and there is really any error in the code - yes.

Santo 09-02-2013 13:37

That's really sad bro..your botchat.txt it's working ?!

Santo 27-02-2013 00:58

Hey did you find out ?! Or you're busy forever like every human being ?

KWo 04-03-2013 19:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Santo (Post 64858)
That's really sad bro..your botchat.txt it's working ?!

The default botchat.txt is working. Just tested few hours ago. What are condition to see the reply when You are talking to them:
1. You and at least one bot (no matter what team) is dead.
2. You are using say command (not say_team).
3.The keyword is written in botchat.txt in capitalize (UPPER CASE).
4. pb_chat is set to 1.

Try first change this:
@KEY "admin"
to
@KEY "ADMIN"

[code=bot.cpp]
// Assign how talkative this Bot will be
pBot->SaytextBuffer.fChatDelay = RANDOM_FLOAT (10.0, 20.0); // KWo - 02.03.2010
pBot->SaytextBuffer.cChatProbability = RANDOM_LONG (40, 100); // KWo - 31.03.2006[/code]

As You can see in that part of code above - the bot has a delay to repeat (random value 10 - 20 seconds) - to prevent flooding. That is also made so to have it human like (the human needs time to repeat - he never does it instantly). Another thing - the bot sometomes doesn't answer - if he doesn't like to do that. It comes from that second line (chatProbability). If that value is grater than random value 0-100 checked every time the answer should happen - the the bot asnwers. Otherwise - it doesn't answer. Those values above are calculated while the bot is created.
I hope now You get the full answer. Sorry for delay.

Santo 05-03-2013 01:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by KWo (Post 64872)
The default botchat.txt is working. Just tested few hours ago. What are condition to see the reply when You are talking to them:
1. You and at least one bot (no matter what team) is dead.
2. You are using say command (not say_team).
3.The keyword is written in botchat.txt in capitalize (UPPER CASE).
4. pb_chat is set to 1.

Try first change this:
@KEY "admin"
to
@KEY "ADMIN"

[code=bot.cpp]
pBot->SaytextBuffer.cChatProbability = RANDOM_LONG (40, 100); // KWo - 31.03.2006[/code]

As You can see in that part of code above - the bot has a delay to repeat (random value 10 - 20 seconds) - to prevent flooding. That is also made so to have it human like (the human needs time to repeat - he never does it instantly). Another thing - the bot sometomes doesn't answer - if he doesn't like to do that. It comes from that second line (chatProbability). If that value is grater than random value 0-100 checked every time the answer should happen - the the bot asnwers. Otherwise - it doesn't answer. Those values above are calculated while the bot is created.
I hope now You get the full answer. Sorry for delay.

Thanks for your reply. First of all I've tested this and after a several minutes, one of the bots reply to me, but I'm not sure if I must write the single word, UPPER CASE, like It's written in botchat.txt, or can I write the word in small cases and in combination with other words like: "How can i get admin on this Server?"
And my second question Is, how can I change the SaytextBuffer.fChatDelay = RANDOM_FLOAT and pBot->SaytextBuffer.cChatProbability = RANDOM_LONG ?

KWo 05-03-2013 14:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Santo (Post 64873)
Thanks for your reply. First of all I've tested this and after a several minutes, one of the bots reply to me, but I'm not sure if I must write the single word, UPPER CASE, like It's written in botchat.txt, or can I write the word in small cases and in combination with other words like: "How can i get admin on this Server?"

You have to write in upper case the word in botchat.txt. The file is reloaded only when the bot dll (podbot_mm.dll/podbot_mm_i386.so) is loaded at the game start (it's not enough just to restart the map - You must restart the game on the server).
Quote:

Originally Posted by Santo (Post 64873)
And my second question Is, how can I change the SaytextBuffer.fChatDelay = RANDOM_FLOAT and pBot->SaytextBuffer.cChatProbability = RANDOM_LONG ?

That You can't change. It's hardcoded. Give them just more time to answer. They usually reply 7/10 or more, but it takes time to get the answer (10 to 20 seconds).

Santo 05-03-2013 23:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by KWo (Post 64874)
You have to write in upper case the word in botchat.txt. The file is reloaded only when the bot dll (podbot_mm.dll/podbot_mm_i386.so) is loaded at the game start (it's not enough just to restart the map - You must restart the game on the server).

That You can't change. It's hardcoded. Give them just more time to answer. They usually reply 7/10 or more, but it takes time to get the answer (10 to 20 seconds).

I'm reffering to the word that I must write in the game with say command, It must be with UPPER CASE or I can just type it with lower cases and/or with in combinations with other words ?!
I must type the word in the game with say command more than one time to make the bots answer ?! And what happens if I'm typing the @KEY word, for example "ADMIN" like 6 times ?!

KWo 06-03-2013 18:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Santo (Post 64875)
I'm reffering to the word that I must write in the game with say command, It must be with UPPER CASE or I can just type it with lower cases and/or with in combinations with other words ?!

Say command doesn't need to contain the word in UPPER CASE. You can write it as You want - i.e. Admin, AdMiN, aDMIN, admin and so on. Only in botchat.txt it should be written as @KEY "ADMIN" - as You can see here - in UPPER CASE.
Quote:

I must type the word in the game with say command more than one time to make the bots answer ?!

No - it's enough to type it once.
Quote:

And what happens if I'm typing the @KEY word, for example "ADMIN" like 6 times ?!

Nobody knows - it wasn't tested. More than likely it will not work correctly or they would answer only with replies written in the first section of the same keyword.

Santo 07-03-2013 02:19

Thank you for your answers. Can you modify [code=bot.cpp]
pBot->SaytextBuffer.cChatProbability = RANDOM_LONG (40, 100); // KWo - 31.03.2006[/code] to a short period of time ?! Or make a a cvar or an option to be modified by anyone who's using PODBOT ? Release a future, or something.

KWo 07-03-2013 07:37

Hunans aren't answering faster or more often. Why do You need these values to be shorter?

Santo 08-03-2013 05:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by KWo (Post 64879)
Hunans aren't answering faster or more often. Why do You need these values to be shorter?

No man, humans are replying when you ask them something, those PODBOTS are replying very very retard, with much much much delay. When a player ask them something they do not reply. And if they will reply the player probably will be gone. It's not good, you must make a public quote or something to see the people reaction to this and make those modifications, or you can just add a cvar so anyone who wants to modify those settings are free to do. You can't enforce your settings (opinion) even if you're the creator of the POD BOTS. If you've made this grate add on, for us, you must do this for all those people who download and install your add on and give you credits. Thanks man.

KWo 10-03-2013 10:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Santo (Post 64882)
When a player ask them something they do not reply. And if they will reply the player probably will be gone.

Why the player should be gone? I wrote clearly - they don't answer if they are alive. They do answer if they are dead and the player asking them is dead, too. So if the player is dead, why should he be gone (from the server?)?
Quote:

It's not good, you must make a public quote or something to see the people reaction to this and make those modifications, or you can just add a cvar so anyone who wants to modify those settings are free to do.

That means about 5 new cvars (min/max delays, min/max chat probability, delay between 2 chats). Do You know how many cvars is there already? I believe the people are already lost while reading the current podbot.cfg and docs...

Quote:

You can't enforce your settings (opinion) even if you're the creator of the POD BOTS. If you've made this grate add on, for us, you must do this for all those people who download and install your add on and give you credits. Thanks man.

I'm not creator of podbot mm. The first creator of podbot was Count Floyd. He stopped work on this bot, but he left the sources. Then Pierre-Marie Baty has ported this bot to metamod (so it's called now podbot mm), but after short time of work on this bot and many complains of users (including me :D ) - to add/change something, he gave up and left it, too. Actually he was also busy with his-own business and private life, so I believe it was the main reason he had to stop the work on this bot. Then SpLoRyGoN started to continue the work on this bot, but after some time he had to stop it, too. Finally I learned a bit C++ and I started step by step to modify the code of this bot. That's the history. Currently I'm really busy so I don't have much time to work on it. The feature You need isn't much time consuming, but - if I do it for You - then other people wanted other cvars for other settings will start to complain (why not my needs?).
As You can see - after reading this forum - You are the only person asking about the chat frequency. Nobody else needs this. I don't think it's the most important thing to do now. The people are still reporting one bug - bots are looking at the sky for no reason. I spent huge time to fix this, but it looks it's still not fixed. Maybe even there are other bugs they need to be fixed? That is always the priority. If bugs are fixed, then I'm eventually adding new features. Is this OK for You or not?

Santo 10-03-2013 12:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by KWo (Post 64886)
Why the player should be gone? I wrote clearly - they don't answer if they are alive. They do answer if they are dead and the player asking them is dead, too. So if the player is dead, why should he be gone (from the server?)?-

Yes man from the Server, the POD BOT are replying retard.

Quote:

That means about 5 new cvars (min/max delays, min/max chat probability, delay between 2 chats). Do You know how many cvars is there already? I believe the people are already lost while reading the current podbot.cfg and docs...
I've read all POD BOT files.
Quote:

I'm not creator of podbot mm. The first creator of podbot was Count Floyd. He stopped work on this bot, but he left the sources. Then Pierre-Marie Baty has ported this bot to metamod (so it's called now podbot mm), but after short time of work on this bot and many complains of users (including me :D ) - to add/change something, he gave up and left it, too. Actually he was also busy with his-own business and private life, so I believe it was the main reason he had to stop the work on this bot. Then SpLoRyGoN started to continue the work on this bot, but after some time he had to stop it, too. Finally I learned a bit C++ and I started step by step to modify the code of this bot. That's the history. Currently I'm really busy so I don't have much time to work on it. The feature You need isn't much time consuming, but - if I do it for You - then other people wanted other cvars for other settings will start to complain (why not my needs?).
As You can see - after reading this forum - You are the only person asking about the chat frequency. Nobody else needs this. I don't think it's the most important thing to do now. The people are still reporting one bug - bots are looking at the sky for no reason. I spent huge time to fix this, but it looks it's still not fixed. Maybe even there are other bugs they need to be fixed? That is always the priority. If bugs are fixed, then I'm eventually adding new features. Is this OK for You or not?
It's not for me specially. It's for every one. That's why I've asking you to make a pool with this subject and see the people vote for it. Thanks and I hope you can do one Pool.

KWo 10-03-2013 20:05

I don't want to add more cvars. There is already too many of them. I've reduced timers to reply in chats, so try this version:
http://filebase.bots-united.com/inde...category&id=46

Santo 11-03-2013 11:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by KWo (Post 64889)
I don't want to add more cvars. There is already too many of them. I've reduced timers to reply in chats, so try this version:
http://filebase.bots-united.com/inde...category&id=46

YEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeey !!!!! Yiiipiiiiiiiiiiiii ! :P I will try it !
Ok I've download this podbot mm V3 binary linux so (libstdc++6.so static linked!) and then replace the old podbot_mm_i386.so with this. Stop and Restart the HLDS. It's that ok ?

[ 3] POD-Bot mm RUN - podbot_mm_i386.s vV3B22a ini Chlvl ANY

And what's the pBot->SaytextBuffer.fChatDelay = RANDOM_FLOAT (10.0, 20.0);
pBot->SaytextBuffer.cChatProbability = RANDOM_LONG (40, 100) ?

KWo 11-03-2013 18:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Santo (Post 64892)
Ok I've download this podbot mm V3 binary linux so (libstdc++6.so static linked!) and then replace the old podbot_mm_i386.so with this. Stop and Restart the HLDS. It's that ok ?

Yes
Quote:

Originally Posted by Santo (Post 64892)
And what's the pBot->SaytextBuffer.fChatDelay = RANDOM_FLOAT (10.0, 20.0);
pBot->SaytextBuffer.cChatProbability = RANDOM_LONG (40, 100) ?

pBot->SaytextBuffer.fChatDelay = RANDOM_FLOAT (3.0, 10.0);
The second line is not changed. Just try if it works better now. I have changed also other lines, to let them reply faster.

Santo 19-03-2013 23:52

It's working smooth, they reply like every human being. Thank you man for your work and improvement. Keep Going.:rockon: