.:: Bots United ::.

.:: Bots United ::. (http://forums.bots-united.com/index.php)
-   Grave Bot (http://forums.bots-united.com/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Waypointing (http://forums.bots-united.com/showthread.php?t=3068)

Ghoul 01-01-2005 20:43

Re: Waypointing

There are datacore and boot camp waypoints. Sorry for not including more, but development of the bot takes priority over making waypoint files (which is a long tedious job).

BuMHeD 02-01-2005 05:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ghoul
There are datacore and boot camp waypoints. Sorry for not including more, but development of the bot takes priority over making waypoint files (which is a long tedious job).

No one has the right to be disappointed about insufficient waypoints... they're not that hard to make (although tedious), and they are up to the user IMO. Thanks for what you've done so far Ghoul, and definitely let me know when you're ready to release your Metamod-compatible HLDM version of Grave Bot... *can't wait*

*~BuM~*

Rifleman 02-01-2005 10:17

yeah , I know , like my old bot , which only comes with 1 wpt file... Anyway , well done !

Ghoul 03-01-2005 11:01

Right now the problem is.. do I release another version with metamod abilities but still crippled S&I support, or do I hold off and try to fix this issue with S&I?

Decisions decisions. Feedback appreciated.

BuMHeD 03-01-2005 14:09

Quote:

Right now the problem is.. do I release another version with metamod abilities but still crippled S&I support, or do I hold off and try to fix this issue with S&I?

Decisions decisions. Feedback appreciated.

I definitely understand your quandry, but my personal opinion, of course, is that you release the metamod version if it's ready. Beta 0.2 release with metamod capabilities would atleast allow dedicated servers for HLDM to begin testing and integrating your bot. This is a service I offer to you as soon as it's ready, and will look forward to providing feedback on how well it works. In fact, if you could release a metamod version for HLDM AND a crossfire.bsp waypointed file... I could begin testing right away!!! hehe. Either way, I recommend that you release it if it's ready, then continue your R&D from that point. Goodluck either way.

*~BuM~*

hiyahin 03-01-2005 15:32

I'd say you should release it, but you must state somewhere about the problem with the S&I bot in a readme or something. Since it's gonna take quite a while to fix this problem, might as well make more your "community" happier. =)

CoCoNUT 04-01-2005 17:58

Take your time, small steps are ok and lead to the goal :). If you have new features I would make a release and say, "hey ok, this and that is not fixed yet" -but the people see there´s something happening. I loved the S&I-mod so much and would love to have a bot for it :). Have fun and take your time. Small steps, one by one... 8) .

Ghoul 05-01-2005 11:12

Hm, I suppose then I'll package up what I have and put a large red notice/warning on the site about the S&I issue.

Except to see a release today (it's 5 AM right now :P) or tomorrow, depending on how busy I am.

BuMHeD 05-01-2005 16:33

Quote:

Hm, I suppose then I'll package up what I have and put a large red notice/warning on the site about the S&I issue.

Except to see a release today (it's 5 AM right now :P) or tomorrow, depending on how busy I am.

Sounds great Ghoul!! I look forward to trying it out on our beta server. The only thing is... I'm having trouble with the waypointing, but I'm not sure if it's just me or not. I would greatly appreciate if someone could waypoint crossfire.bsp for HLDm... but I do believe my own advice about self-dependance... I just hope I can figure it out. I couldn't get it to work for HPB bot either... both dedicated or listen server. *shrug*... I don't know what I'm doing wrong either way, but would love some help. :) Thanks

*~BuM~*

hiyahin 05-01-2005 20:54

I think you should change the file name to "S&I doesn't fully function yet" before newbs come hurrying here and keep asking the same darn question. (Fortunately none has appeared yet.) Oh yeah, don't forget to package CoCo's waypoints as well. =P