.:: Bots United ::.

.:: Bots United ::. (http://forums.bots-united.com/index.php)
-   E[POD]bot (http://forums.bots-united.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Sorry to ask this again - cant use console commands (http://forums.bots-united.com/showthread.php?t=6880)

aswhale 06-08-2008 05:04

Sorry to ask this again - cant use console commands

Hello,

I installed 5.3 and the fix told in other threads. Someone else had this problem, but they fixed it on there own. I can run the bots no problem, but I can not add them manualy. "epb_botmenu" will not work, comes up saying invaild command.

Second question, I changed the names in the names file. I have ten names in there, the bot program uses the names. My problem/question is how come it comes up with bot1 bot2 etc, is there anyway to fix this?

Thanks for your time,

ANGRYShavedWhale

The Storm 06-08-2008 13:49

Re: Sorry to ask this again - cant use console commands

Can you give me the output from the "meta list" command, and try "epb botmenu" command(without the quotes and the underscore).

About the names - thats because you don't have enough names, check out the original file, there is a lot of names. :)

aswhale 06-08-2008 15:26

Here is the meta list
http://home.neo.rr.com/stoogeville/metalist.jpg

The server is running server 2003, on a lagitcopy of cs. Im running metamod P and the latest version of amxx.

Thanks

The Storm 06-08-2008 15:30

Ok, did you put at last 32 names in to the names file and did you tried the command
epb botmenu without the underscore, what happened? ;]

aswhale 06-08-2008 21:18

Hmm something changed, I can not type the command in console and get it so it doesnt say a bad command. After I type it, there is no menu in console or ingame.

On the names I cant do anything about that till I get home from work.

ANGRYShavedWhale

The Storm 06-08-2008 23:53

Hmm are you with dedicated server? The menu works only on Listen servers.

aswhale 07-08-2008 00:10

Yes its a decated server, the server tool I uses is Fire daemon pro. I connect to the server via ftp and remote destop.

If I cant get it to work with my decated server, do you have any recomendations I could use for bots? That will run on server 2003 and have no problems, or will having server 2003 be my down fall? My goal is to have it where I manualy add them, and they will not auto join. I already tried RC bot PODbot and lastly EPODbot.

Thanks again,

ANGRYShavedWhale

The Storm 07-08-2008 01:07

The bots can be controlled very well via the rcon console with the commands but you can't have a menu. And checkout the EPB.cfg file the lines from min_bots and max_bots. When you don't want to bots automatically join set min_bots to 0. :)
Windows Server 2003 is not a problem at all. ;)

aswhale 08-08-2008 03:36

Feeling I got my pants pulled down, I went and checked on the rcon commands. I could not get them to work if i just did it epb_addbot or rcon epb_addbot. (also tired epb_kick_bot becuase of the bot limit, still nothing)

Im happy I have some kind of bots working, i'm sure I did something wrong in the install or configuring the bots. Will be a matter of finding the mistake.

Any rate you can see the server @ 76.175.212.153:27017. Is there any rcon commands that can see if the bot "engine" is even controlable via rcon besides meta list?

Thanks again.

The Storm 08-08-2008 16:07

Try the commands without underscore after the "epb" prefix like that
Code:

rcon epb kick_bot
and tell me is it work. As for the autobot joining as I told you configure good in EPB.cfg your min_bots and max_bots settings and all will be fine. :)